Welcome to the APUS Help Center

Submitting Proof of High School Completion

If you have not earned any previous college level academic credits and are seeking an Associate, Bachelors or Undergraduate Certificate you will need to submit proof that you completed high school.

You are exempt from this requirement if you fit any of these categories:

  • Military (Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard)
  • Veteran
  • Public Safety Academy graduate
  • International student
  • You’re enrolling in our Undergraduate Individual Courses (Courses for Transfer) program or a NanoCert program

You may choose to send us any of these acceptable documents:

  • Unofficial high school transcript
  • Unofficial GED document
  • Copy of high school diploma
  • Official transcripts from high school/GED

Securely upload your unofficial transcript or diploma through your ecampus, using the “Document Log” drop-down menu. Official transcripts may be sent by postal mail or electronic delivery directly from your high school. We can accept the following types of files: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, and PNG. Once your documentation has been received you may register for courses. If you are using Federal Student Aid (FSA) to help pay for your education, you may begin the financial aid process.