Welcome to the APUS Help Center

Removing Previous Transcripts from Your Record

When you apply to our university, you are submitting your official statement of your education record. Therefore, we must have an official transcript on record from all previous colleges or universities you attended, if any.

It is especially important that we review transcripts from students using Military Tuition Assistance (TA), Veteran's (VA) benefits, or Federal Student Aid (FSA). These federal funding sources require that our university attempt to grant credit for as many previously-completed courses as possible.

Note: We are not able to remove an institution from your record without verifying that the previous university has no record of your attendance.

If an institution was listed on your student file in error, you will need your previous college or university to send us a "no record of attendance" letter on their official letterhead. The letter can be sent via:

Email: [email protected]
Fax: 304-724-3788
Postal mail:

American Public University System
Attn: Document Services
111 West Congress Street
Charles Town, WV 25414

Once this letter is received, the status of the institution will be updated to “not required” in your document log. To view your status, log into the ecampus, then select Document Log from the Academic Plan & Forms/My Status & Records menu.

For additional questions, please email [email protected].