Program Admission Requirements
All APU master's degree and graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
In addition, the following is required for admission into this program. All documentation must be provided prior to course registration:
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU) form
Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation including a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government-issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students).
If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
- This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure
- You will need to complete 125 hours of field experience at an approved school site.
- All program courses, including field experience, must be completed prior to entrance into the final capstone course.
- Some course descriptions, syllabi, and assignments may focus on K-12 settings and may require observations and/or assignments to be completed with K-12 learners and/or educators. You will need to obtain access to suitable instructional settings for all required assignments and for the capstone course.
- Any background check requirements, including fees, for the selected instructional setting(s) in which you will observe and be present, are your responsibility.
- The first course you need to take is EDUC 502: Foundations of Curriculum and Instruction. Other courses may be taken in conjunction with the first course, but you must complete the first required course during your initial class term at our university.
In order to make an informed decision about your education, prior to applying here we strongly encourage you to explore any state-specific or other requirements applicable to you, including with respect to certification, licensure, and certificate enhancements.
An APU admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Technology fee: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or email@example.com.