Save @ APU
About This Program
Note: This certificate is not currently available for admission.
The online undergraduate certificate in cloud computing from American Public University (APU) provides a foundation for cloud computing certification training and the chance to develop your knowledge of cloud computing basics, including virtualization, network installation, privacy, and data security in a cloud environment.
With this type of cloud computing training, you’ll acquire skills that are in demand in today’s highly connected world. These skills include how to assess and evaluate enterprise systems to determine security and privacy risks.
Also, you will design and implement cloud computing solutions, and expand your knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA), governance, compliance, and legacy application migration issues. In addition, you will master effective decision-making and management techniques.
NOTE: Completion of this program does not award any professional certifications, but may be helpful in preparing to earn such certifications.
What You Will Do
- Develop a thorough understanding of cloud computing key principles and the security and privacy aspects of cloud computing technology
- Examine service-oriented architecture (SOA) and convert logical designs into services to use in real-world cloud computing environments
- Assess, evaluate, and apply the necessary tools to analyze an organization’s assets and ensure that cloud security and privacy are securely implemented
- Understand how to use the appropriate resources to create specifications and contracts for performing cloud services
- Learn effective decision making, best environmental impact practices, and management techniques to support organizational growth and green IT strategy
Program at a Glance
Courses Start Monthly
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
Technology fee: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or email@example.com.
Quality Education Should Be Affordable
So you can focus on the opportunities ahead, without the financial burden of more expensive schools who are not as invested in your success. Learn more about paying for school.
Department of Education and State Disclosures
*Cost Per Credit Hour
To minimize out-of-pocket costs, U.S. active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a university book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduates and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
See all military student benefits.