Skip Navigation

Graduate Academic Credit

Academic credits are those earned by completing college-level courses through a institution of higher learning with regional and/or national accreditation, including a military school or sponsored military program.

To earn traditional transfer credit at APU, your graduate-level course(s) must:

  • Have a final grade of B or higher (or have a Pass/Satisfactory grade that is equivalent to a final grade of B or higher indicated by the issuing university)
  • Earned within the last 10 years.
  • Not have been used to complete an undergraduate degree.
  • Not be internship and practicum course work.

Note: Credits from institutions that operate on a quarter system are converted into semester hours by dividing quarter hours by 1.5.

Get the Credit You Deserve

Military Services

Complete a Transfer Credit Application to earn college credit for your military education and training courses, including Community College of the Air Force and the Joint Services Transcript.

Credit by Examination

We accept transfer credit from American Council on Education (ACE) tests, Advanced Placement (AP), Assessment and Learning in Knowledge Spaces (ALEKS), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DSST (formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests), and Excelsior College Exams. Learn how you can use these exams to transfer additional credit towards your degree requirements.

Getting Started

If you are a graduate student with academic credits earned at another college or university, you should complete a transfer credit evaluation request after enrolling at APU.

If you are a prospective student, use our transfer equivalency database to look up courses you took at other colleges to see if the credits earned will transfer here, or request a preliminary transfer credit review.

Transfer Equivalency Database

The Transfer Equivalency Database (we call it TED for short) is designed to give you a general idea of how your previous academic courses could be counted as transfer credits toward your APU degree.

This database houses thousands of transfer credit equivalencies from accredited universities. It is designed to be used as an unofficial guide to potential credit award. Your previously earned credit will be officially reviewed only after you are admitted to the university and you submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) request.  

Follow the easy prompts below to get started. If you need assistance using this database, please contact


Contact Us

If you need help or have questions, our transfer credit staff is available and will guide you through the process step by step.

Connect with us