Program Admission Requirements
All APU master's degree and graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field (Example: computer science, information systems, database development, etc.).
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of CISSP certification (valid up until the expiration date)
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor of concentration in student's undergraduate program
- 5 years of work experience in cybersecurity operations, cybersecurity policy, or cybersecurity management, including at least 6 months of verifiable hands-on information technology or information security experience
- 5 years of work experience at the senior level in information security, criminal justice, emergency management, intelligence, or homeland security, including at least 6 months of verifiable hands-on information technology or information security experience
- Certifications in at least one of the below:
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- EC-Council Ethical Hacking
- Cisco CCNA Security
- If the IT-specific requirements are not noted in the official bachelor's or master's transcript, you must provide official copies of your undergraduate transcripts that show the appropriate coursework.
- The 5-year work experience requirement must be documented in your resume or your Joint Services Transcript (JST) and DD214, complete with phone and email contact information for your supervisor to allow for official verification of the employment.
- Preadmission courses completed at the undergraduate level must be graded C or better; B or better at the graduate level.
Please be prepared to submit a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government-issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students) upon request.
Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
An APU admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Technology fee: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.