The undergraduate certificate in Environmental Technology provides a foundational understanding of hazardous materials and waste management, environmental law and enforcement, and the management of pollution. This online program looks at the technical aspects of environmental technology and management through the implementation of environmental management systems, hazardous materials safety, and regulatory compliance programs. Emphasis is on the practical application of government regulatory, safety, and compliance measures for both private and public sector environmental professionals.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Define the theoretical foundation of the disciplines of environmental hazard mitigation and pollution management.
- Explain the regulatory, policy, and political influences on environmental management and sustainability.
- Develop management strategies that incorporate environmental compliance standards and achieve organizational missions.
- Describe the current and emerging technologies in the treatment, remediation, and disposal of environmental contaminants.
- Evaluate strategies and assess mitigation plans for environmental contaminants.
- Assess the consequences of the ecological impacts on public health and safety, and social and economic welfare.