- There are three options for receiving a copy of your academic transcripts from the university:
- Official electronic transcript ($10 fee)
- Official paper transcript ($20 fee)
- Unofficial electronic transcript ($5 fee)
Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express accepted
- All transcript requests must be placed through the ecampus. They are processed electronically during normal business hours and will be complete and released within 90 minutes to 24 hours.
- If a student has a hold on their account, the request will be rejected and you will be notified via email. Holds include but are not limited to the following:
- not yet submitted all of your required admission documents and have an incomplete admission status
- a balance due on your student account
- never attended an APUS course (or passed an APUS competency exam) beyond the first week
Note: If you are blocked from ordering an official transcript, you may still order an unofficial transcript either online or by postal mail.
- If you are unable to access your ecampus and wish to order your transcript please contact APUStranscripts@apus.edu or call 877-755-2787 to speak with a member of the Office of the Registrar.
- A free degree progress report is available anytime through the ecampus. It shows your academic plan and lists all courses, grades earned, and your GPA.
- Log into the ecampus using your student ID and password
- Under the Student Services/Alumni menu, select Ordering Transcripts
- Select which type of transcript you would like to order and submit payment
Note: If you are sending an electronic transcript to another university, you will need the email address of their document intake office.
If you want an organization to place a transcript order for you, you will need to complete the appropriate release form from the organization you are authorizing your transcript to be released to. Upon receipt, the organization will need to visit the Parchment website to place the order.