Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society
Sigma Iota Rho promotes and rewards scholarship and service among students and practitioners of international studies, international affairs (IR), and global studies; and fosters integrity and creative performance in the conduct of world affairs.
Chartered as the Gamma Omega chapter, students come together to encourage a life-long devotion to understanding the world we live in and the continued support and engagement in activities that reflect our chapter mission. Thousands of students interested in world affairs, public policy, business, and other similar areas have joined SIR to further their education and knowledge in these areas.
Membership & Fees
Benefits include: Opportunities to learn about numerous post-graduate options, access to professional networks through frequent guest speaker sessions, and resources for the advancement of academic and professional interests.
Lifetime membership fee: $50 (grants a membership certificate)
Note: Eligible students in the international relations program will be invited to join.
If you are currently a member of Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sigma Iota Rho has achieved PLATINUM standing, per the university's Chapter Standards program. Platinum standing demonstrates the highest level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email email@example.com to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students in the international relations program who meet the criteria below will receive an invitation to pledge during the months of March and September. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active student (completed at least one of our courses in the past 12 months)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours in your current program (if earning a master's)
- Completed a minimum of 21 core requirement semester hours in your current program (if earning a bachelor's)
- Enrolled in a bachelor's or master's level international relations program
- Obtained an academic level of junior (if earning a bachelor's)
- Has complied with university policies on academic integrity
For questions on eligibility criteria, email email@example.com.