The Health Sciences Honor Society's purpose is to recognize superior achievement, development of leadership qualities, encourage creative work, foster high professional standards, and strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of health sciences professions.
The society is a stand-alone honor society and is not affiliated with a national or international honor society.
Academic recognition in the field of health sciences; networking, research, and publication opportunities; and reading and the discussion of events with members.
If you are currently a member of the Health Sciences Honor Society, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group, email [email protected].
Health Sciences Honor Society achieved ACTIVE standing per the university's Chapter Standards program. Platinum standing demonstrates a high level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email [email protected] to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students will receive an invitation during the months of May and December. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email [email protected].
- Active university student pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in Health Sciences, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, Public Health or Nursing
- Complete at least 9 hours at the university
- Comply with the university policies on academic integrity
Additional Bachelor Level (In addition to the above General Membership Criteria)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the undergraduate level
- Completed at least 12 semester hours of courses in their major requirements
Additional Graduate Level (In addition to the above General Membership Criteria)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above at the graduate level
- Completed at least 9 semester hours of the courses in their major requirements
Additional Alumni Level (In addition to the above General Membership Criteria)
- Successful completion of their academic program after meeting the eligibility requirements above
For questions on eligibility criteria, information on leadership opportunities, events, or how to get involved, email [email protected].