The purpose of Epsilon Pi Tau is to encourage and recognize academic achievements, promote the values of professionals in technology, advance the understanding and awareness of technology and promote the advancement of education in the field of information technology.
Two issues of the EPT newsletter The Preceptor, and two issues (in one combined volume) of The Journal of Technology Studies (hard copy or on-line) annually. Members only access to the Epsilon Pi Tau web site, and eligibility to compete for the annual Warner Awards.
$61.50 (grants a membership certificate, gold plated pin, and access to benefits listed above).
If you are currently a member of Epsilon Pi Tau, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group, email email@example.com.
Epsilon Pi Tau achieved SILVER standing per the university's Chapter Standards program. Silver standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students will receive an invitation during the months of March and September. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email email@example.com. We will not accept applications outside of the membership drive time-frame.
- Status Requirement: active student (completed at least one course in the past 12 months with the university)
- Program Requirement: enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Security, or Cybersecurity
- GPA: 3.30 or above cumulative GPA in current program
- Semester Hour Requirement: completed at least six semester hours with the university in the current program; completed at least nine total semester hours toward current program (university and transfer credit)
- GPA: 3.25 or above cumulative GPA in current program
- Semester Hour Requirement: completed at least six semester hours with the university in the current program; completed at least 30 total semester hours toward current program (university and transfer credit)
- Complied with the university policies on academic integrity
For questions on eligibility criteria or general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.