Course Code: BUSN623 Course ID: 2739 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course examines the area of business law and applies it to the business environment. Traditional topics covered include: the legal environment of business, contract law, property, sales contracts, commercial paper, agency law, ethics and the regulatory environment. The course also examines the issue of the global economy from the view that the largest companies dominate in the creation of jobs and technological innovation.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 03/28/21||Winter 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|09/28/20 - 02/26/21||03/01/21 - 04/25/21||Winter 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- CO1. Assess the legal environment of business.
- CO2. Explain how ethical frameworks shape business decisions.
- CO3. Compare forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- CO4. Evaluate the effects of constitutional provisions on business.
- CO5. Explain the definition, sources and classifications of contracts, torts and property law.
- CO6. Distinguish the four forms of intellectual property
- CO7. Evaluate forms of business associations
- CO8. Analyze administrative agencies and employment law issues.
- CO9. Demonstrate the effect on business from laws applying to the environment and securities
- CO10. Assess laws applying to antitrust and consumer protection.
Other readings and audio/visual presentations assigned in the course. Students are responsible for ALL readings assigned. These are in Syllabus list, Lessons/Additional Required Readings in course, Discussions, Assignments, and by the instructor.
|Book Title:||Business Law and the Legal Environment - available online at https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_business-law-and-the-legal-environment-v1.0-a/|
|Publication Info:||Saylor Foundation|
|Author:||Mayer, Warner, Siedel, Lieberman and Martina|
Not current for future courses.