All APUgraduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field (ex: computer science, information systems, database development, etc.)
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate - to be documented in your resume or your Joint Services Transcript (JST) and DD214
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – Present) or a combination of the following (must have two) CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+ (all 2010-Present)
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute
- Completion of CISSP certification (valid up until the expiration date)
- If the IT-specific requirements are not noted in the official bachelor's or master's transcript, you must provide official copies of your undergraduate transcripts that show the appropriate coursework.
- The verification of the 2-years work experience needs to be sent to the university from your current/previous employer on company letterhead.
- Preadmission courses completed at the undergraduate level must be graded C or better; B or better at the graduate level.
Please be prepared to submit a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students) upon request.
An APU admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or email@example.com.