All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, the following is required, proof of which must be provided prior to course registration:
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- An undergraduate degree in psychology or a completed bachelor's degree in another discipline with credit in the following foundational courses:
- Introduction to psychology or general psychology: a course designed to introduce students to the broad discipline and study of psychology, its key historical and contemporary events, publications, practices, and perspectives.
- Research methods in psychology: a course in which students learn how to develop sound laboratory and field behavioral science research protocols.
- Statistical methods in psychology: a course that focuses how to statistically analyze and interpret laboratory and field behavioral science research results.
Note: One course that focuses on both statistical and research methods in psychology may be used to fulfill both of the above course requirements.
- Human growth and development, or lifespan development: A course that examines biological, cognitive, and psychosocial milestones of the human lifespan and related normal changes and disorders. Note: completing courses covering phases of the human lifespan but not its entirety (i.e. Early Childhood Development and Adolescence & Young Adulthood), is not a substitute for this requirement.
Preadmission courses completed at the undergraduate level must be grade C or better; B or better at the graduate level.
Please be prepared to submit a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students) upon request.
An APU admission representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.