Our faculty awards recognize outstanding experienced and new faculty at the graduate and undergraduate levels who demonstrate teaching excellence, as well as leadership and scholarship in their discipline.
The recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year award will be selected from the year's Excellence in Teaching Award recipients.
- Top Candidates are presented to the Academic Awards Committee
- The University Provost grants final approval
- The award may, but will not necessarily, be awarded annually to one faculty member per academic school
- Open to part-time and full-time faculty members
- Award recipients will be honored during Commencement weekend, and should we have an in-person celebration, one-night accommodations and individual travel expenses to attend Commencement will be paid for by the University
- Award recipients receive a crystal trophy
- Award recipients are not required to travel to Commencement to accept the award