To recognize a member of the APUS community for their demonstrated commitment to principles of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. The award will be presented annually during Commencement weekend.
The award will be given to a member of the APUS community (faculty, staff, student or alumni) who has made a significant effort to foster equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging within the APUS community or the communities they serve. The award recipient will create a welcoming and supportive community climate through visibility, communication, and educational efforts.
- A student, alumni, faculty, staff member or board member of the university
- Proven ability to promote a welcoming, supportive environment either at APUS or in the communities they serve
- Develops and demonstrates cultural awareness and competency
- Promotes a diverse perspective within and amongst community members
- Fosters intercultural communication and collaboration
- Facilitates inclusion and/or access, specifically in education
- Encourages the APUS community to be increasingly better global citizens
Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those familiar with the nominee’s work
All materials are to be submitted in one complete packet on the award nomination form. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. A complete nomination form
- A letter of recommendation that provides examples of how nominee includes principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in their work or in their community
- An essay outlining your personal philosophy of equity, diversity, and inclusion and how you implement your philosophy with the APUS community or in the community you serve
- Your current professional resume
- The University Awards Committee reviews submissions
- Top candidates are submitted to the Office of the President for final review and approval
- Award recipients will be honored during Commencement weekend, and should we have an in-person celebration, one-night accommodations and individual travel expenses to attend Commencement will be paid for by the University
- Award recipients receive an engraved plaque
- Award recipients are not required to attend Commencement to accept the award
The deadline for the 2024 award nominations is January 26, 2024. For additional information or questions, contact the University Awards Committee.