Established in 2016, this award is presented annually by the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees during commencement weekend and recognizes a member of the APUS community (student, alumnus, faculty, administrator, or university partner) in recognition of outstanding leadership, for their significant impact on their community, industry, or the world around us.
- A student, alumnus, faculty, staff member, board member, stakeholder, or ally of the university
- Leader has made a significant impact on their community, industry, or the world
- Leader has inspired and motivated others to pursue noble and notable pursuits
- Serves as a change agent for the greater good
- Reason for nomination/impact on the University community
- Leads in a manner that reflects the university's core values of integrity, diversity, and accountability
- Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those familiar with the nominee’s work.
- The University Awards Committee reviews submissions
- Top candidates are submitted to the Office of the Provost for final review and approval
- The award may, but will not necessarily, be awarded annually
- Award recipients will be honored during Commencement weekend, and should we have an in-person celebration, one night accommodations and individual travel expenses to attend Commencement will be paid for by the University
- Award recipients receive a crystal trophy
- Award recipients are not required to attend Commencement to accept the award
Past Award Recipients
- 2016: Mr. Wallace E. Boston, Ed.D
- 2019: Mr. James Barney
- 2020: Mr. William Porter II
The submission deadline for 2021 nominations is now closed. Stay tuned later in the year when we begin preparing for the 2022 awards. Contact the University Awards Committee if you have questions.