Wallace E. Boston Leadership Award
Established in 2016, this award is presented annually by the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees during commencement weekend and recognizes a member of the APUS community (student, alumni, faculty, administrator, or university partner) in recognition of outstanding leadership, for their significant impact on their community, industry, or the world around us.
- A student, alumni, faculty, staff member, board member, stakeholder, or ally of the university
- Leader has made a significant impact on their community, industry, or the world
- Leader has inspired and motivated others to pursue noble and notable pursuits
- Serves as a change agent for the greater good
- Reason for nomination/impact on the University community
- Leads in a manner that reflects the university's core values of integrity, diversity, and accountability
Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those familiar with the nominee’s work. Nominations will be accepted through February 1, 2020. If you have questions about an award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to submit a nomination.
- Submissions are reviewed by the University Awards Committee
- Top candidates are submitted to the Office of the President for final review and approval
- There may be more than one award winner selected in a calendar year (based on the discretion of the review committee and the President’s final approval); however, if no qualified candidates are nominated, the award may not be given
Past Award Recipients Include:
- 2016: Mr. Wallace E. Boston, Ed.D
- 2019: Mr. James Barney
If you have questions about this award, please contact the Office of Student Affairs.