The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship was created to help spouses pursue higher education.
- The scholarship provides you with up to $4,000 of financial assistance for qualified programs.
- AMU waives our $65/course technology fees when you use the scholarship to pay for courses.
MyCAA will cover tuition costs for programs leading to a career-oriented associate degree. See the MyCAA portal for further information.
You can apply for MyCAA if you are the spouse of a servicemember on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2, and you can start and complete your coursework while your spouse is on Title 10 military orders. This includes spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.
- Visit the MyCAA portal to register for the program.
- Apply for admission and select MyCAA in the Affiliations and Memberships drop-down menu.
- Inform your admissions representative that you intend to use MyCAA.
- Register for the approved MyCAA courses.
- Select Employee Voucher as your method of payment.
- Enter the employer name and address: Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts | 2107 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 100 | Arlington, VA 22209
- Enter the EIN number: 11111111
- Request your Scholarship Education and Training Plan from MyCAA@apus.edu.
- Upload your approved plan into your MyCAA portal.
- Log into the MyCAA portal and print out a copy of your confirmed Financial Assistance (FA) award and send this to our TA office by faxing to 866-755-8763 or emailing email@example.com.