Course Code: EDUC633 Course ID: 4927 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
Building on the foundational coaching skills gained in EDUC536 - Emotional Intelligence and Coaching Assessments provides participants with an understanding of emotional intelligence and when and how to use assessments in the coaching experience. Participants learn about Emotional Intelligence (EI) and its role in coaching. Participants examine several coaching assessments to gain familiarity and an understanding of when each assessment is appropriate for coaching. Specifically, participants will consider tools such as the Wheel of Life, Personality Type, DISC, EI, TPI, Strengths, and other assessments designed for diverse settings. Participants will also examine the ethical considerations associated with using assessments in the coaching relationship. (Prerequisite: EDUC536)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Start Month||Session||Weeks|
|04/24/2023 - 09/29/2023||10/02/2023 - 11/26/2023||October||Fall 2023 Session B||8 Week session|
|06/26/2023 - 12/01/2023||12/04/2023 - 01/28/2024||December||Fall 2023 Session D||8 Week session|
|08/28/2023 - 02/02/2024||02/05/2024 - 03/31/2024||February||Winter 2024 Session I||8 Week session|
- Evaluate assessments to determine applicability and effectiveness in various coaching situations.
- Utilize assessments to promote an effective coaching experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of ethical considerations associated with the coaching relationship.
During the weeks 2, 4, and 6 of the course, students will complete a multiple choice and short answer quiz. Quizzes are due on Sunday at 11:55 p.m. ET at the end of Week 2, Week 4, and Week 6.
Role Play Audio Assessment
During Week 3 and 5, students will record an audio role play session with a classmate to demonstrate coaching skills. After each role play, a two page reflection of your performance is also part of each assessment. The role play session and reflection is due on Sunday at 11:55 p.m. ET during Week 3 and Week 5.
Coaching Log of Hours
In addition to practice role plays with a classmate, you will practice your coaching skills with volunteers outside the classroom each week. A total of 15 hours of practice should be logged into the provided log in the classroom during the last week of the course. This is REQUIRED in order to complete the course.
Assessment & Interpretation Presentation
Students will complete two different types of assessments and interpret the findings and how it will be used in coaching scenario. Include the following elements in your presentation:
1. Name and purpose of each assessment (each assessment needs to be from a different category, for example, one personality based assessment, one wellness assessment)
2. Take the assessments you have chosen
3. Using your scores/results, share how that information would be helpful in a coaching session as if you were interpreting results to a client. In this section, be sure to explain what the results say and do NOT say to ensure information is used accurately.
4. Summary of benefits associated with using assessments and any ethical considerations important to remember.
The assessment analysis assignment is due on Sunday at 11:55 p.m. ET at the end of Week 7.
Coach the Coach Oral Assessment will take place in Week 8 of the course. This oral assessment will provide the student an opportunity to demonstrate coaching skills and receive direct feedback from the instructor.
Please join the forums each week. Students must post a reply to both weekly forums and reply to at least 2 other students for each Forum. This means that each week you should have 2 initial posts and 2 responsive posts. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
- Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Thursday.
- Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
- Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
- Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
- Replies to classmates should be no less than 150 words.
- Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
- All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
|W2: Emotional Intelligence||1.88%|
|W3: Introduction to Assessments||1.88%|
|W4: Ethics in Assessments||1.88%|
|W5: Wheel of Life||1.88%|
|W6: Personality Based Assessments||1.88%|
|W7: Learning and Communication Styles||1.88%|
|W8: Course Reflection||1.88%|
|W3 Coaching Practice #1||10.00%|
|W5 Coaching Practice #2||10.00%|
|W7 Assessment and Interpretation Presentation||20.00%|
|W8 Summative Assessment: Coaching Session||20.00%|
|Coaching Log of Hours||10.00%|
|W8 Coaching Log of Hours||10.00%|
Not current for future courses.