Course Code: EDUC624 Course ID: 4358 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
In this course, educators will examine various approaches to the assessment of online learning. Topics include types of assessment, technology-enhanced assessment, assessment challenges, and using assessment data to inform instruction. Additionally, course participants will analyze assessment accommodations and explore program evaluation.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Start Month||Session||Weeks|
|04/24/2023 - 09/29/2023||10/02/2023 - 11/26/2023||October||Fall 2023 Session B||8 Week session|
|06/26/2023 - 12/01/2023||12/04/2023 - 01/28/2024||December||Fall 2023 Session D||8 Week session|
|08/28/2023 - 02/02/2024||02/05/2024 - 03/31/2024||February||Winter 2024 Session I||8 Week session|
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Differentiate between evaluation and assessment.
- Critique evaluation and assessment in regard to instructional technology.
- Examine the relationship of various program evaluation models to online learning degree programs.
- Use concepts of reliability and validity in the development of online assessment surveys.
- Synthesize technology-enhanced online assessment strategies that will meet a variety of student learning needs.
|Week 1: Validity and Reliability of Online Assessments||3.00%|
|Week 2: Online Assessment Principles||3.00%|
|Week 3: Self- and Pre-Assessment Strategies||3.00%|
|Week 4: Classroom Assessment Techniques||3.00%|
|Week 5: Using Observational Data||3.00%|
|Week 6: Assessing in a Variety of Ways||3.00%|
|Week 7: Online Assessment Issues||3.00%|
|Week 8: Course Reflection||3.00%|
|Week 2 - Selecting Objectives and Assessments||12.00%|
|Week 3 - Assessment Actities||12.00%|
|Week 4 - Technology-Enhanced Assessment Activities||12.00%|
|Week 6 - Online Assessment Accommodations||12.00%|
|Week 7 - Assessment Issues Teaching Tool||12.00%|
|Week 8 - Final Project - Program Evaluation||15.00%|
Not current for future courses.