Skip Navigation

International Student Admissions

An education for a global society.

Our university welcomes international applicants from many countries around the world. You are not required to enter the U.S. to attend our online university, therefore we do not issue I-20 or DS-2019 forms for the F-1 or J-1 student visas*.

Please read all the information on this page and keep in mind that all documents submitted to the university, including transcripts, must be in English. If you have any questions, please email

Admission Requirements

  • Depending on your country of citizenship, you may be required to provide documentation of English proficiency. Learn more about our English proficiency requirements.
  • Because we are an online university, you will need to have regular access to a computer and a stable Internet connection in order to complete the online coursework.
  • For degree programs, if you have earned college credits at a CHEA accredited institution or from a member university of Universities Canada (formerly the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada), you will be required to submit our transfer credit evaluation (TCE) application when you apply.
  • If you have earned college credit from a non-U.S. institution, you have the option to have your transcripts evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a university-approved agency and can choose to submit a TCE to earn possible transfer credit. Learn more about equivalency evaluations.
  • To take individual courses here for transfer elsewhere, please check “Non-Degree-Seeking” on the admissions application.

*Doctoral programs require in-person attendance at 3-5 day residencies in the United States. Applicants accepted to these programs must be able to attend residencies in-person and gain lawful entry to the United States for the purpose of doing so.

Undergraduate Requirements

  • This category includes associate and bachelor’s degrees, undergraduate certificates, and undergraduate learning tracks.
  • You will be asked to certify during the admission’s process that you have earned the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. If you plan to enroll as a non-degree seeking student or have no previously earned college-level credits, you will not be required to submit a TCE application. Some undergraduate level programs have additional academic admission requirements.

View our undergraduate admissions page for more details.

Graduate Requirements

This category includes master’s degrees, graduate certificates, and graduate learning tracks.

  • All graduate-level applicants must submit proof of completion of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
  • You have the option of seeking transfer credits for any graduate-level academic credits you earned at a previous institution. This is not required, but if you choose to seek transfer credits, you must submit our transfer credit evaluation (TCE) application.
  • Some graduate level programs, including doctoral, have additional academic admission requirements.

View our graduate admissions page for more details.

Steps to Get Started

We're here to help. Call Us!
Mon - Fri:  8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
Sat - Sun: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET

Learn More About...


Next Steps

Courses Start Monthly

Next Courses Start November 1
Register by October 29
Man working on computer