Save @ APU
About This Program
Sharpen your knowledge of U.S. law enforcement, criminology, investigations, law, and community relations with a BA in Criminal Justice from American Public University (APU).
Coursework in APU’s criminal justice major explores the causes of crime, criminal behavior, criminal investigation, corrections and incarceration, juvenile issues, and stress management.
Through our online criminal justice bachelor degree, professionals teach professionals. Many of your fellow students are criminal justice peers with a desire to protect communities and the nation. Meanwhile, faculty share their real-world experience from local, state, and federal government; public safety agencies; the military; corrections facilities; and private organizations.
If you want more in-depth study in forensics, explore APU’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice.
What You Will Do
- Learn the similarities and differences among local, state, and federal criminal justice components while gaining an international perspective
- Explore parts components of the criminal justice system from political and public administration standpoints
- Learn how various prevailing theories apply to elements within the criminal justice system
- Design research that, if executed, would add to the body of knowledge in the criminal justice profession
- Probe how standards of evidence and law impact criminal justice system segments and professionals
Degree at a Glance
Courses Start Monthly
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
Technology fee: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality Education Should Be Affordable
So you can focus on the opportunities ahead, without the financial burden of more expensive schools who are not as invested in your success. Learn more about paying for school.
Maryland Residents learn more about costs, completion rates, median debt, and more.
*Cost Per Credit Hour
To minimize out-of-pocket costs, U.S. active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a university book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduates and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
See all military student benefits.