Save @ APU
About This Program
Explore the evolving and dynamic communications industry as you learn to create clear, concise, and content-rich communication with a BA in Communication from American Public University (APU).
APU’s Bachelor of Arts in Communication helps you prepare to communicate in a sound, professional, and responsible fashion. The program’s coursework explores public speaking; small group, interpersonal, and mass communication; theory and research; communication ethics; and social media.
APU’s online classroom will be an engaging laboratory for collaboration as you learn industry best practices from expert faculty, some of whom bring real-world media experience to your learning.
What You Will Do
- Use communication concepts and create messages appropriate to audience, purpose, and context
- Critically analyze messages
- Show how ethical communication principles and practices are applied
- Use communication to embrace difference and influence public discussion
- Show your ability to accomplish communication-related goals
Degree at a Glance
Courses Start Monthly
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application. View steps to apply.
Technology fee: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or email@example.com.
Quality Education Should Be Affordable
So you can focus on the opportunities ahead, without the financial burden of more expensive schools who are not as invested in your success. Learn more about paying for school.
Maryland Residents learn more about costs, completion rates, median debt, and more.
*Cost Per Credit Hour
To minimize out-of-pocket costs, U.S. active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a university book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduates and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
See all military student benefits.