The graduate certificate in Information Assurance teaches the theory and technical skills needed to detect threats and to secure vital, sensitive information assets across enterprise networks for organizations and government agencies. Achieving credentials in the information assurance (IA) field helps prove your knowledge of: network security solutions; continuous monitoring, activity analysis, threat detection, warnings, and attacks; cryptography; security awareness training and support; and infrastructure security engineering. This certificate program is intended for graduate students who seek to heighten their knowledge of information assurance without committing to an academic degree program.
The curriculum for this online program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Computer networks and the evolution of communication systems
- Telecommunications and network security
- Digital security measures and information assurance planning
- Principles, practices, and methods of protecting digital assets
- Capability maturity and appraisals of information assurance
- Information security management techniques and strategies
Note: This program has specific admission requirements. Please view the requirements below to be sure you qualify to apply for this program.
In addition to the institutional and general learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Analyze the components of an information assurance and certification plan.
- Assess security governance objectives and risk management objectives.
- Examine the phases, processes, standards, the levels, and the process areas of the INFOSEC Assessment Capability Maturity Model (IA-CMM).
- Appraise and conduct a complete threat, vulnerability, impact, and risk assessment; and synthesize risk mitigation strategies based on the analysis of this data.
- Evaluate the processes and deliverables of the INFOSEC assessment methodology (IAM).
- Design relevant information security management metrics by analyzing incident management and response data.
All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field (computer science, information systems, database development, etc.)
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – Present) or a combination of the following (must have two) CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+ (all 2010-Present)
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute
- Completion of CISSP certification (valid up until the expiration date)
- If the IT-specific requirements are not noted in the official bachelor's or master's transcript, you must provide official copies of your undergraduate transcripts that show the appropriate coursework.
- The verification of the 2-years work experience needs to be sent to the university from your current/previous employer on company letterhead.
- Preadmission courses completed at the undergraduate level must be graded C or better; B or better at the graduate level.
An admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.