The graduate certificate in Environmental Sustainability focuses on the integration of several distinct topic areas, including sustainability, policy (energy and environmental), economics, and global resource allocation. You will explore the impact of policy and formulate public- and private-sector strategies for the implementation of sustainable practices and design, as well as energy resources on the national and global scale.
This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of environmental sustainability without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Environmental economics
- Environmental policies, regulations, and laws
- Principles of green and sustainable design
- Energy policy, sustainability, and decision making
- Political ecology, including U.S. and global environmentalism
- Global environmental and climate change
In addition to the institutional and general learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Detail the principles of sustainability and the roles of multiple disciplines in their effective implementation.
- Analyze the complex and dynamic interactions between humans and their environment.
- Assess the role of government policy at municipal, regional, national, and global levels in achieving sustainable development.
- Analyze the political, regulatory, and economic barriers that prevent full implementation of sustainable products, goods and services.
- Apply the principles of sustainability to complex environmental problems.
- Analyze the role of sustainability in meeting critical resource needs, such as renewable energy and water quality and quantity, on the local, regional, national, and global scale.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.