The Associate of Science in Computer Applications offers a foundational understanding of the leading technologies, theories, and methodologies used to develop critical applications for enterprise implementation. You’ll learn core concepts of computer systems, algorithms, computer literacy, application design and development, and other proficiencies commonly utilized in the IT marketplace. Successful completion of this online associate degree prepares you for entry-level careers in application development in enterprise IT departments or as an independent programmer.
After completing this associate degree in computer applications, you may consider pursuing your Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Word 2013 Certification and Excel 2013 Certification. You may also use this program as a springboard to a bachelor’s degree program in a related field.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Appraise the major concepts behind computers, computer algorithms, and computer literacy.
- Analyze business environments and use Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access to perform information processing tasks.
- Distinguish between the various diagrams in the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Assess the process for designing and developing software and evaluate the benefits of modularization of software.
- Profile the purpose, audience, scope, structure, and format of key IT documents and appraise the appropriateness of a document to the particular writing/research goal.