All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
In addition, the following documentation is required for admission into this program, and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU) form
- This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure.
- As of November 1, 2014, a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required for admission into this program.
- You will need to complete 125 hours of field experience at an approved school site.
- All program courses, including field experience, must be completed prior to entrance into the final capstone course.
- Some course descriptions, syllabi, and assignments may focus on K-12 settings and may require observations and/or assignments to be completed with K-12 learners and/or educators. You will need to obtain access to suitable instructional settings for all required assignments and for the capstone course.
- Any background check requirements, including fees, for the selected instructional setting(s) in which you will observe and be present are your responsibility.
- The first course you need to take here is EDUC 502: Foundations of Curriculum and Instruction. Other courses may be taken in conjunction with the first course, but you must complete the first required course during your initial class term at our university.
Please be prepared to submit a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students) upon request.
An APU admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an APU admissions representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.