Master of Arts
The Masters of Arts in Management seeks to prepare students to become authentic, transformational leaders capable of managing organizational change. Through this online master’s program, you will examine the theories, concepts, and practices necessary to become an effective visionary capable of developing and leading strategic workplace initiatives. Successful completion of this degree prepares you for the demands and responsibilities of mid- to senior-level managerial positions in corporate, nonprofit, government, or military sectors.
This program’s curriculum is in alignment with Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) standards. This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
This online master’s in management is regularly reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Research, analytics, and written communication
- Human resources management
- Management methodologies and training
- Organizational behavior and management
- Cross-culture management and conflict resolution
- Strategic planning
- Ethical practices for the business world
- Project management
- Management information systems
- Ecommerce and virtual organizational management
Note: When enrolling in this program, you will be asked to choose between two different end-of-program options: either a comprehensive final examination or an on-site management practicum. Some residency conditions may apply to the practicum option. See the admission requirements.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Conduct business problem focused management research, including collection and analysis of data, and communication of findings by using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Develop a strategic business plan applying the theories and practices of management and planning for a particular organizational setting.
- Develop an analytical framework using a variety of approaches to apply leadership and management theory and practice to address the challenges of global organizations in this century.
- Examine complex organizations from a level of analysis perspective, including the individual, interpersonal, group, and organizational level perspectives.
- Evaluate management issues in the context of ethical, technological, structural, cultural, human and environmental factors.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion. You will be asked to select a concentration when you enroll in this program.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
Focuses on developing a business plan for a strategic consulting practice, assessing organization and business consulting models, and presenting recommendations on improving an organization’s practices and processes. Topics include interpersonal relations, group behavior, and managing individuals and groups in a virtual environment. This concentration is available only you choose the practicum option as your end-of-program requirement.
- BUSN630 - Virtual Organizations
- BUSN635 - Business Plan Development
- MGMT603 - Organizational Development
- MGMT617 - Leading Teams
- MGMT605 - Leadership
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Note: If you are a resident of Kentucky or New York, you will not be allowed to select the practicum option as your end-of-program requirement, and instead must take a comprehensive exam. You will be asked to sign a statement of understanding (SOU) with more information on state restrictions when you enroll in this program.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $325/credit hour
All Other Students = $350/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.