The undergraduate certificate in Restaurant Operations is a concentrated program that explores the essentials of front-office and behind-the-scenes operations related to food service management. In this online program, you will examine current managerial techniques and tools to effectively operate a wide variety of restaurants. Topics covered help to prepare you for careers as a food service manager, or restaurant owner or employee. This certificate would also be a good addition to a business or management degree.
The curriculum for this online undergraduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Introduction to hospitality management
- Food and beverage management and cost controls
- Restaurant operations management, trends, and challenges
- Food service quality, and food safety and sanitation
- Principles and techniques of buying food and non-food supplies
- Hotel and restaurant purchasing
- Introduction to hotel and restaurant law
- Quality service management and delivery
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Apply proper food safety and sanitation procedures to meet industry standards and governmental regulations.
- Demonstrate application of theory and concepts as they relate to the various responsibilities of a foodservice manager.
- Practice current managerial techniques and trends to support the goals of a restaurant.
- Interpret financial data as it relates to an operation’s goals.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $270 | $250 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
Because our university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), (the same as the Ohio State University, Univ. of Chicago, and U.S. Air Force Academy, to name a few), we can accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $250 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.