Helping you reach your goals is our shared priority.
Prisma Health Upstate and American Public University (APU) work together to provide you with affordable, career-relevant training and educational opportunities to help meet your professional development goals.
The APU RN to BSN, accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), reflects current nursing practice as well as the Institute of Medicine (IOM) recommendations for nursing education. As a student in this program, you will interact with respected faculty sharing diverse experiences in both nursing education and clinical practice, and collaborate with other students with varied personal and professional experiences.
The APU Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), prepares you to be an effective leader in the nursing profession and to be an agent of change in the delivery of health care. The transformational changes occurring in healthcare today make advanced nursing practice essential to the provision of safe, patient-centered care. As an advanced practice nurse educator or nurse leader, you can help lead the change to move nursing into the future.
The APU RN to MSN, accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), combines both programs listed above in an accelerated pathway, reducing both time and cost to completion. Students will have the BSN conferred once all BSN program requirements have been fulfilled. The final part of this academic journey will consist of 27 graduate level credit hours required to earn the MSN.
*To minimize out-of-pocket costs, active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, Reservists, and military spouses/dependents receive a tuition grant that covers undergraduate and master's-level tuition above the military TA cap of $250/credit hour. In addition, the University provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduate, doctoral, and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
- 5% tuition grant.
- Award of 30 academic credits toward the BSN, if you have your registered nurse (RN) license
- Up to 90 transfer credits accepted
- Classes start monthly and are all online
- Book grant: textbooks and/or ebooks are provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit
Note: Grants cannot be applied retroactively.
- Nursing: RN to BSN, MSN, RN to MSN
- Health Information Management (HIM): B.S., M.S.
- Health Sciences: AAS, BAS
- Sports and Health Science: B.A., M.A.
- Business Administration A.A., BBA, MBA
- Public Administration: MPA
- Public Health: A.S., B.S., MPH
- Emergency and Disaster Management: B.A., M.A.
- Healthcare Administration: B.S., M.S.