The President’s Award recognizes a graduate, who has set him or herself apart from their classmates academically and has made significant contributions to their nation and/or their community. The award recognizes their commitment to service, scholastic achievement, outstanding character, and leadership.
The award is given to one master’s student and one bachelor’s student from each annual graduating class. The selected candidates are extended the opportunity to deliver the student honor’s address at their respective graduation ceremony.
- Graduate (bachelor's and master's level) with a 4.00 GPA
- Graduate with academic and/or Latin Honors
- Have made a significant contribution to their community and/or nation
- Have made a significant contribution to their discipline or professional practice
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills both professionally and personally
- Graduate with an inspiring story of courage, leadership, dedication, etc.
- Graduate of the current graduating class
Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those familiar with the nominee’s work. Nominations will be accepted through February 15, 2018. If you have questions about an award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to submit a nomination.
All materials should be submitted in one complete application. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Applicants must submit the President's Award Application form.
- Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor. The letter should specifically address how applicants meet the requirements for the award. Applicants are encouraged to provide a brief summary of the award to the recommendation letter writer.
- An original, inspiring essay of no more than 1,000 words that outlines why the applicant is an exceptional candidate for the award; including concrete examples of how the applicant meets each of the requirements for this award and, if chosen, what message would be delivered to the graduating class.
- Applicants must submit a current professional resume.
- Applicants may submit any additional supporting documentation endorsing their application.
- All materials are to be submitted in one complete application.
- Submissions are reviewed by the University Awards Committee
- Top candidates are submitted to the Office of the President for final review and approval
- There may be more than one award winner selected in a calendar year (based on the discretion of the review committee and the President's final approval); however, if no qualified candidates are nominated, the award may not be given
Contact The Office of Student Affairs if you have questions about collecting supporting documentation during the nomination process.