School of Education
The School of Education at the University focuses on meeting the changing needs of the modern teaching professional. Our certification programs align with the highest state and national standards, and are continually assessed to enhance both teacher and student outcomes. Through interaction with experienced faculty who are committed to the collaborative and integrative investigation of problems currently in practice; students learn the best practices utilized in the classroom today. The School of Education offers teachers the opportunity to enhance their professional training in specific concentrations such as:
- Special Education
- Reading and Literacy
- TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Instructional Design
- Elementary Education
- Gifted Education
- and more...
Many students within the School of Education are also active in professional associations outside the classroom such as the Golden Key Honor Society, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and Student Veterans of America (SVA).
School of Education graduates receive their certification in the State of West Virginia and may then apply for certification in their home state through certification reciprocity. Contact admissions staff by completing the brief interest form on this page for more information regarding certification, reciprocity, special admissions requirements, or general questions.
Important note: This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure. We strongly encourage you to explore your state-specific requirements prior to applying here in order to make an informed decision. In addition, you may email our coordinator of certification and licensure here at SOE_LicensureCertification@apus.edu.
U.S. News & World Report
American Public University System is ranked in the top 12% of all online bachelor's degree programs by U.S. News & World Report.*
*Source: U.S. News & World Report, Best Online Bachelors Programs, January 2015.
- Early Childhood Care and Education - Associate of Arts
- Education: Educational Leadership - Master of Education
- Education: Teaching - Master of Education
- Education: Teaching Concentration in Elementary Education - Master of Education
- Education: Teaching Concentration in Secondary Social Studies - Master of Education
- Family Studies - Undergraduate Certificate
- Human Development and Family Studies - Bachelor of Arts
- Infant and Toddler Care - Undergraduate Certificate
- Instructional Design and Delivery - Undergraduate Certificate
- Explore all programs
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
We want you to make an informed decision about the university that's right for you. For more about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information - visit www.apus.edu/disclosure.