Nursing Online Bachelor's Degree
The Online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at American Public University System is designed to facilitate the immediate and lifelong professional development needs of Registered Nurses who earned an associate degree in nursing. Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the curriculum reflects current nursing practice and the Institute of Medicine recommendations for nursing education.
Core Nursing Courses:
- Professional Transitions in Nursing
- Assessment, Evaluation and Clinical Decision-Making
- Caring for Today’s Veterans
- Integrated Pathophysiology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Science of Evidence-Based Practice
- Transformational Leadership and Cultures of Safety
- Emerging Scholarship and Trends in Healthcare
- Community Health
- Senior Seminar in Nursing Studies (Capstone)
Use our Online University Comparison Guide to help choose the school that best fits your needs.
Student learning is enhanced through interaction with respected faculty sharing diverse nursing experiences in both nursing education and clinical practice. Collaboration among students with varied personal and professional experiences and from different geographical areas enriches the learning environment.
Degree Specific Admission Requirements are:
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing
- Active and unencumbered U.S. Registered Nursing license
Please note that admission to this degree program requires that you already have successfully completed an associate degree in nursing or a nursing diploma from another institution and also hold a current/active RN license.
The baccalaureate program at American Public University System is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
Online Degree Ranking
#5 of 22
The University’s B.S. in Nursing has been awarded a Best Buy award from GetEducated.com. Degrees are ranked by analyzing tuition and fees at regionally accredited distance universities in the U.S.
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Development and Family Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Sciences
- Explore all programs
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.