The application period has closed. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The President’s Award recognizes a graduate, who has set him or herself apart from their classmates academically and has made significant contributions to their nation and/or their community. The award recognizes their commitment to service, scholastic achievement, outstanding character, and leadership.
The award is given to one master’s student and one bachelor’s student from each annual graduating class. The selected candidates are extended the opportunity to deliver the student honor’s address at their respective graduation ceremony.
- Graduate with a 4.00 GPA and with honors
- Graduate with academics and/or Latin Honors
- Have made a significant contribution to their community and/or nation
- Have made a significant contribution to their discipline or professional practice
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills both professionally and personally
- Graduate with an inspiring story of courage, leadership, dedication, etc.
- Graduate of the current graduating class
- Nominees may be self-nominated, nominated by another graduate, a member of the faculty or staff, or another person outside the university who knows the nominee and the university well.
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination.
All materials are to be submitted in one complete packet. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Applicants must submit a cover page including their name, student ID, degree completed, contact information, and graduation date.
- Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor. The letter should specifically address how applicants meet the requirements for the award. Applicants are encouraged to provide a brief summary of the award to the recommendation letter writer.
- An original, inspiring essay of no more than 1,000 words that outlines why the applicant is an exceptional candidate for the award; including concrete examples of how the applicant meets each of the requirements for this award and, if chosen, what message would be delivered to the graduating class.
- Applicants must submit a current professional resume.
- Applicants may submit any additional supporting documentation endorsing their application.
- All materials are to be submitted in one complete packet.
- We are not currently accepting nominations for the 2016 President's Award. We will begin accepting nominations for the Class of 2017 President's Award in early 2017.
Contact The Office of Student Affairs if you have questions about collecting supporting documentation during the nomination process.