Dean, Mark Riccardi
Welcome to the School of Security and Global Studies
The programs taught in the School of Security & Global Studies truly embody our motto, "Educating Those Who Serve.” Students in this school have an understanding of the world that appreciates the differences in political, economic, and social cultures. Our faculty members are highly credentialed and respected leaders in their fields, and many of them currently work in the U.S. government. Likewise, our graduates are employed in leadership positions at agencies ranging from the Departments of State, Defense, and Homeland Security to the intelligence services, as well as private businesses throughout the world. We are committed to helping students think in ways they haven’t thought before, and to apply educational theories to real-world challenges.
American Society for Public Administration - Call for Proposals for Annual Conference
"Saluting the Public Service: A Bold and Noble Profession"
Deadline for proposal submission: Sept 23, 2016
Conference: March 17-21, 2017, Atlanta, GA
Visit the ASPA website for more details.
NASPAA Annual Conference
"Grassroots Globalization: Teaching Good Governance and Values in a Connected World"
Conference dates: Oct. 19-21, 2016, Columbus, OH
Visit the NASPAA website for details.
American Evaluation Association Annual Conference
"Evaluation + Design"
Conference dates: Oct. 24-29, 2016, Atlanta, GA
Visit the AEA website for details.
7th Annual Maritime Risk Symposium (MRS 2016)
“Integrating Maritime and Coastal Resilience.”
Sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security Coastal Resilience Center of Excellence and the U.S. Coast Guard
Nov. 14-15, 2016, UNC Chapel Hill, NC
Visit the Coastal Resilience Center website for details.
Publish in a Peer-Reviewed Journal
Consider submitting an article to the Journal of Global Security and Intelligence Studies.
All times are Eastern Time (ET). Select a calendar event to view more details.
Clubs & Organizations
- Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society (Criminal Justice)
- Epsilon Pi Phi Honor Society (EDM or Homeland Security)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Homeland Security Network
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- Military Intelligence Corps Association
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Pi Gamma Mu Honor Society (Social Sciences)
- Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society (International Studies)
- Society for Defense and Strategic Studies
- Student Veterans of America