Associate of Arts
Our Associate of Arts in Management introduces you to the theoretical concepts and practical applications needed to effectively lead and manage a workforce, with a focus on either human resources or retail management. This associate degree program seeks to expand your academic and professional development by providing the practical skills required for entry-level supervisory positions and responsibilities in business or government environments.
This program’s curriculum is in alignment with Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) standards. This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
This online associate program is regularly reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Human relations and behavioral sciences
- Principles of supervision
- Ethical issues facing modern businesses
- Human resource principles, concepts, and methods
- Organizational behavior
- Management communications and conflict resolution
- Leadership skills for the global marketplace
- Managerial workplace challenges and solutions
Knowledge from this online associate program can also serve as a springboard to a related baccalaureate degree.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills necessary to be a successful supervisor in a business environment.
- Explain key concepts, methods and practices for managing human capital in an organization.
- Compare and contrast ethical theories as they relate to organizational and individual behavior.
- Prepare a development program for a potential direct report.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion. You will be asked to select a concentration when you enroll in this program.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
Offers knowledge necessary for supervisory roles in a workforce environment, including: recruiting, grievance, and corrective action processes; communicating mission, vision, goals, and objectives to direct reports; and addressing group dynamics and ethics of a diverse employee base. Topics include compensation and benefits, as well as policy and records management.
- HRMT201 - Employee Training and Development
- HRMT200 - Human Resource Fundamentals
- HRMT202 - Interviewing Fundamentals
- MGMT201 - Organizational Fundamentals
Looks at various retail management processes in store operations along with the effectiveness of retail managers in today’s competitive and global organizations. Focuses on interpersonal, managerial, human resource, leadership, communication, and critical thinking skills. Explores topics of ethical conduct, social and corporate responsibility, finance, and information technology.
- RTMG150 - Retail Organization Fundamentals
- RTMG200 - Customer Relations
- RTMG201 - Retail Inventory Management
- RTMG202 - Risk Management
- RTMG203 - Commercial Safety
- RTMG204 - Finance Fundamentals
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.