The Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management assists you in preparing for a career in the food service industry. This online program is designed to increase your understanding of proper operational procedures including: purchasing and storage; food service sanitation; food preparation; legal and insurance requirements; and marketing and sales. Completion of this associate degree could also be used as a springboard to a bachelor’s level program.
This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Describe the career opportunities and future industry growth forecasts as they relate to the different segments of the Hospitality Industry.
- Demonstrate food safety practices that will ensure safe food production from purchase to service.
- Demonstrate application of theory and concepts as they relate to the various responsibilities of a foodservice manager.
- Implement strategies to effectively manage and improve restaurant performance, based on operational theory and procedures.
- Analyze hospitality operation processes and attributes and the legal implication of proper or improper management.