The purpose of this organization is to recognize superior achievement, development of leadership qualities, encourage creative work, foster high professional standards, and strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the nursing profession.
The Nursing Honor Society is a stand-alone honor society and is not affiliated with a national or international honor society.
Recognition for outstanding academic achievements, and networking opportunities for members in the nursing field.
At the time of the application, applicants will need to pay the $25 fee, but at the time of chartering with the national office, applicants will have to pay the national organization fee of $69.50. This fee is subject to change based on the national office.
If you are currently a member of Nursing Honor Society, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group email@example.com.
The Nursing Honor Society has achieved BRONZE standing, per the university's Chapter Standards Program. Bronze standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students meeting the criteria below will receive an invitation during the months of April and October. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email email@example.com.
- Active university student pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in nursing
- Complete at least six hours at the university
- Comply with the university policies on academic integrity
Additional Bachelor Membership Criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the undergraduate level
- Completed at least 15 semester hours of the core nursing curriculum
Additional Graduate Eligibility:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above at the graduate level
- Completed at least 12 semester hours of the core nursing curriculum
- Alumni of the university nursing program (nurse leaders) who demonstrate achievement in the nursing professional
For questions on eligibility criteria or general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.