Course Code: TLMT331 Course ID: 3330 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course examines the United States and worldwide commercial freight transportation systems, with an emphasis on international intermodal surface transportation. Modal/intermodal economic and operating characteristics will be surveyed, along with cost, pricing, and regulation of transportation services. In addition, students will be introduced to electronic data interchange (EDI) in commercial transportation and the use of computer software applications in transportation management—all with the goal of providing students with an in-depth understanding of the principles of intermodal transportation systems, a grasp of transportation terminology, and the interrelationship between the Defense Transportation System (DTS) and the global commercial transportation infrastructure.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 03/28/21||Winter 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|09/28/20 - 02/26/21||03/01/21 - 04/25/21||Winter 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, graduate students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (LO):
- Define intermodal transportation.
- Differentiate intermodal transportation between the United States and Europe.
- Compare shipping impacts before and after government regulation.
- Explain the impact that standardization of containers has on intermodal transportation.
- Evaluate the use of intermodal freight network modeling in transportation planning.
- Identify the historical changes in shipping.
- Describe the challenges presented by the growth of intermodal shipping at ports throughout the United States.
Please see the Student Handbook to reference the University’s grading scale.
Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php and search by the course number (ex: LITR210) to access your required resources.
|Book Title:||To find the library e-book(s) req'd for your course, please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the eReserve by course #.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
|Book Title:||The Future of Intermodal Freight Transport-E-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Author:||Konings et al|
Not current for future courses.