- Degrees & Programs
- Student Activities
- Career Services
Course Code: RTMG303 Course ID: 4148 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
Students in this course will review retail merchandising operations Retail selling effort is the principal task of in-store sales personnel through the use of promotions designed by a manufacturer, such as unique displays, giveaways, or discount and premium offers. In this case, merchandising is the act of managing and arranging the merchandise on display in a store so as to promote its sale. Its importance in a competitive market to include the relationship between retail merchandising operations and corporate profitability will be examined. Students will discover the various retail merchandising operations including planning, organizing, staffing, directing, leading and controlling, as well as analyzing the competitive market and how the many different concepts of retail merchandising operations are needed for today’s managers to continue to increase profits for their shareholders. Students will discover how today’s competitive and global organizations utilize techniques and resources to succeed and remain profitable.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|04/27/20 - 10/02/20||10/05/20 - 11/29/20||Fall 2020 Session B||8 Week session|
|07/27/20 - 01/01/21||01/04/21 - 02/28/21||Winter 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Describe retail merchandising operations and their importance in a competitive market.
2. Summarize the relationship between retail merchandising operations and corporate profitability.
3. Differentiate the various retail merchandising operations employed by several companies.
4. Identify the concepts of retail merchandising operations necessary for increased profits to shareholders.
5. List the different techniques and resources used by global organizations to remain profitable.
6. Describe the functions of retail merchandising operations and the impact on profit margins.
7. Examine various operational theories used by successful retailers.
8. Evaluate the many factors of merchandise blending.
|Discussion Forums||45.00 %|
|Introduction Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 1 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 4 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 5 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 6 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 7 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 8 Forum||5.00 %|
|Assignment 1: Case Study 1||15.00 %|
|Assignment 1: Case Study 1 (Due Week 2)||15.00 %|
|Assignment 2: Mid-Term Case Study #2||20.00 %|
|Assignment 2: Mid-Term Case Study #2 (Due Week 5)||20.00 %|
|Assignment 3: Market Entry Analysis||20.00 %|
|Assignment 3: Market Entry Analysis (Due Week 8)||20.00 %|
|Book Title:||Retail Marketing Management: Principles & Practice - e-book available in the APUS Online Library, link also available in the classroom Lessons section; hard copy not available from the APUS Bookstore, please try other sources.|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.