Course Code: RLMT610 Course ID: 4320 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course studies the use of GPS, RFID and bar coding technology used to track and trace products through the forward supply chain and the reverse logistics process. The student will study the complex issues of data synchronization facing today’s reverse logistics manager.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, graduate students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (LO):
- Explain the technological drivers that impact Reverse Logistics.
- Identify specific technologies, such as automation and mobile tools, used in Reverse Logistics.
- Discuss Reverse Logistics’ role in e-commerce.
- Evaluate technological tools, such as cloud based technology, used to access and analyze data to streamline the Reverse Logistics process.
- Analyze the value technology delivers in Reverse Logistics.
- Describe how Reverse Logistics has evolved over the past decade as a result of technology.
- Explain the challenges associated with technology used in Reverse Logistics.
- Predict the future role of technology in Reverse Logistics.
|Introduction Forum||3.56 %|
|Week One Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Two Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Three Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Four Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Five Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Six Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Seven Forum||3.56 %|
|Week Eight Forum||3.56 %|
|Written Papers||38.00 %|
|Week 1: Paper 1||6.33 %|
|Week 2: Case Study 1||6.33 %|
|Week 3: Paper 2||6.33 %|
|Week 4: Paper 3||6.33 %|
|Week 5: Case Study 2||6.33 %|
|Week 6: Paper 4||6.33 %|
|Final Products||30.00 %|
|Week 7: Research Paper||15.00 %|
|Week 8: Final Exam Essay||15.00 %|
In addition to the required course texts the following public domain Websites are useful. Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Note web site addresses are subject to change.
The OWL at Purdue
APA Style Homepage
|Book Title:||Sustainable Reverse Logistics Network : Engineering and Management - Ebook available in the APUS Online Library|
|Author:||Ait-Kadi, Chouinard, Marcotte and Riopel|
|Book Title:||3PL, 4PL and reverse logistics, part 1, Volume 36, Issue 7 - Ebook available in the APUS Online Library|
|Publication Info:||Emerald Publishing Limited|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.