Course Code: RLMT503 Course ID: 4317 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course covers government rules, regulations, policies, etc. that govern reverse logistic operations. These policies and regulations will be analyzed toward their impact on product production, manufacturing, and retail industry. The impact of the overall reverse logistics network designs and distributions will be studied from case studies. The impact on the financial elements of a company engaging in reverse logistics practices will be examined from a return on investment and sound business planning.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After completing the course, a student will be able to:
- Describe the events that lead to the promulgation of local, state and federal regulations governing reverse logistics operations.
- Explain product life-cycle reverse logistics support policy for reclaiming value from recalled, returned, recycled, or waste materials.
- Identify the primary Federal framework for Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- Compare and contrast the safety and security policy issues related to the handling and movement of hazardous materials for returns, recycling and waste management of products.
- Recognize areas of specific concern related to creating policy for packaging and protection of hazardous materials as a result of returns, recycling and waste management of products.
- Examine the unique ownership issues related to developing and managing reverse logistics-related social infrastructure bottlenecks.
- Determine which reverse logistics policy is in need of updating, pursuant to labor and employment laws, business regulations and changing technology.
- Conduct research on reverse logistics policy development through reading trade and business journals, professional conference materials, and online resources for federal, state and local government regulations.
|Wk 1 Forum||4.00 %|
|Wk 2 Forums||4.00 %|
|Wk 3 Forums||4.00 %|
|Wk 4 Forums||4.00 %|
|Wk 5 Forums||4.00 %|
|Wk 6 Forums||4.00 %|
|Wk 7 Forums||4.00 %|
|Wk 8 Forums||4.00 %|
|Paper Assignments||32.00 %|
|Assignment - Week #2: Paper 1||8.00 %|
|Assignment - Week #3: Paper 2||8.00 %|
|Assignment - Week #6: Paper 3||8.00 %|
|Assignment - Week #7: Paper 4||8.00 %|
|Term Project Paper||36.00 %|
|Assignment - Week #8: Term Project Paper||36.00 %|
|Book Title:||There are no required books for this course.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.