There are three evaluative components to this course: (1) eight Forum assignments (40% of total grade), (2) a mid-term essay exam (20%), (3) a research project (20%), and (4) a final essay exam (20%).
(1) Forums. There are eight weeks of forum discussion questions based on readings. For full credit and to facilitate the best learning environment please follow these guidelines.
Weekly Forum Guidelines:
- You are expected to post an initial response to each forum question by 11:55 pm ET on Fridays. All Forums should be at least 500 words in length. Note: This is a guideline to help avoid last minute posts and optimal discussion.
- You must post replies, of at least 150 words, to your fellow classmates by Sunday, 11:55 PM Eastern Time. See the forum rubric for details.
(2) Mid-term Essay Exam. In Week 4, a mid-term essay exam consisting of 2 questions will be assigned. The mid-term exam represents 20% of your grade. Access to the mid-term exam is limited to Week 4 only.
(3) Research Project: Alternative Explanation for Presidential Actions. At the end of Week 7 (11:55 pm ET), your research project is due. This project represents 20% of your grade. Several milestones will be announced throughout the course to keep you on track.
(4) Final Essay Exam. In Week 8, a final essay exam consisting of 2 questions will be assigned. The final exam represents 20% of your grade. Access to the final exam is limited to Week 8 only.