Course Code: MKTG305 Course ID: 3431 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is a study and analysis of advertising's role in marketing operations. Course topics will include such areas as the integration of advertising into sales promotion, event marketing, direct response, and other varied support strategies.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
1. Define the dimensions of advertising and its evolution.
2. Explain the economic, social, and regulatory aspects of advertising.
3. Define the role of advertising from local to global.
4. Explain why marketing and consumer behavior are the foundations of advertising.
5. Discuss market segmentation and the marketing mix.
6. Describe marketing and advertising planning, media strategy and linkage to the market.
7. Explain creative strategy and the creative process.
8. Describe use of print media, electronic media, digital interactive media, and direct media.
9. Describe the importance of relationship building through integrating advertising in direct marketing, personal selling, sales promotion, public relationships, sponsorship, and corporate advertising.
|Assignment/Essay Submissions||50.00 %|
|Week 1 Assignment||10.00 %|
|Week 2 Assignment||10.00 %|
|Week 3 Assignment||10.00 %|
|Week 4 Essay||10.00 %|
|Week 7 Essay||10.00 %|
|Interview/Analysis Submission||10.00 %|
|Week 6 Interview/Video Presentation||10.00 %|
|Week 1 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.33 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.33 %|
|Introduction Forum||3.33 %|
|Final Exam||10.00 %|
|WK 8 Final Essay Exam.||10.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.