Course Code: MKTG303 Course ID: 3429 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is a study of the concepts of Internet business models and how general managers must formulate and execute successful strategies in order to gain, defend, or reinforce a competitive advantage in the face of the Internet. Students will learn about the concepts and tools needed to analyze Internet business models for both start-ups and incumbent brick-and-mortar firms. This course covers Internet properties, value configurations, culture, ethics, demographics, international marketing and emerging public policy issues to include privacy and security. Topics include web page analysis, intelligence agents and the hardware and software tools necessary for Internet commerce.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
1. Explain the operation of Internet technology from a marketing perspective
2. Analyze Web Page design from a marketing perspective.
3. Explain the major Internet marketing and business strategies, concepts and terms.
4. Analyze web sites in terms of Internet marketing strategies and tools
5. Analyze business models and case studies.
6. Construct business strategies to gain, defend, or reinforce a competitive advantage in the face of the Internet.
7. Explain business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C) Internet marketing strategies.
8. Explain customer relationship management (CRM) and issues of privacy and security related to Internet marketing.
9. Explain international web marketing strategies.
10. Conduct web-marketing research.
|Application Exercises||65.00 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 1)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 2)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 3)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 4)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 5)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 6)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 7)||8.13 %|
|Application Exercise (Week 8)||8.13 %|
|Forum Week 1||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 2||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 3||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 4||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 5||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 6||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 7||4.08 %|
|Forum Week 8||4.08 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.