Course Code: MGMT618 Course ID: 2733 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
Given the corporate scandals of the past, why do we continue to have unethical behavior in organizations? This course addresses the ethical dimensions of leadership with a particular focus on the processes used to raise and resolve ethical dilemmas and conflicts in organizational settings. Students will have the opportunity to explore (1) why some employees may see "gray" versus "black and white" when making a business decision and (2) evaluate internal and external factors which influence and produce deviant behavior in the work environment. Policies, cultures, values and codes of conduct established by various organizations and industry groups will be critically examined.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following learning objectives:
- Compare and contrast the various ethical theories and frameworks.
- Evaluate the nature and value of business ethics in profit and non-profit organizations.
- Explore, appraise, and apply various alternatives and responses when observing non-ethical practices in the workplace.
- Assess the role of leadership, structure, and corporate culture as mechanisms to develop and maintaining one’s business code of ethics.
- Examine the role of ethics in human resources management, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, as well as, the technology field.
- Recognize why adherence to a strong code of ethics is a sound long-term business practice in the corporate structure.
- Appraise and argue topic studies and write in-depth analyses relating to business ethics in APA format.
|Week 1 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 4 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 5 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 6 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 7 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 8 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Assignment: The Science of Morality||10.00 %|
|Week 7 Assignment: A New Way To Think About Rules To Live By||10.00 %|
|Final Exam||20.00 %|
|Midterm Exam||20.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.