Course Code: MGMT603 Course ID: 2682 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course consists of a collection of classic and contemporary readings in Organizational Development covering a broad range of topics including change management, organizational culture, team development, and organizational development diagnostic models. Included are experiential exercises that give students an opportunity to practice their skills and cases that allow students to draw on their experiences to apply the concepts and theories in managerial situations.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (L.O.):
1. Build a draft model to be utilized by organizational development consultants assisting leadership with creating a healthy organizational culture.
2. Design a “best practices” manual on how to implement effective teams in an organization.
3. Formulate potential solutions for questions introduced in a case study focusing on individual, team, leadership and organizational change in a company.
4. Assess the major diagnostic models and techniques utilized in OD programs.
5. Evaluate a case study on organizational change.
6. Compare and contrast how the following concepts encourage successful change management programs in an organization: learning organization approaches, neuroleadership, and Lewin’s Change Model.
|Discussion Forums||45.00 %|
|Introduction Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 1 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 2 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 3 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 4 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 5 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 6 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 7 Forum||4.50 %|
|Week 8 - Forum 1 - PPT Discussion||4.50 %|
|Week 8 - Forum 2||4.50 %|
|Research Outline||5.00 %|
|Week 2: Research Outline||5.00 %|
|Week 4: Annotated Bibliography||10.00 %|
|Week 6: Research Paper - Part I||10.00 %|
|Week 7: PowerPoint Presentation||10.00 %|
|Final Research Paper||20.00 %|
|Week 8: Research Paper - Part II||20.00 %|
In addition to the required course materials, you may also find the following public domain Websites useful. Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Please note that website addresses are subject to change.
American Psychological Association’s Style (APA)
International Organization Development (OD) Association.
International Society Organization Development and Change
OD – Field and Resources for OD Professionals
Organization Development Network
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Professional and Organizational Development Network
|Book Title:||There are no required books for this course.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.