The grading will be based on forum participation, two writing assignments, a midterm examination, and a final examination.
1. Introduction Forum: (1%) During week 1, students introduce themselves to the class and explain their goals of taking the course. Students also respond to other student’s introductions.
2. Forum Participation: (35%) Forum assignments allow students maximum flexibility for interaction and exchange with fellow students and the instructor. The forum questions will be related to the reading assignments and/or Case Studies. Each week, your initial post is due by Wednesday. You should then respond to three (3) or more posts by Sunday. This can be accomplished by
· Validating with additional evidence from the literature.
· Posing a thoughtful question with commentary which generates further discussion.
· Providing an alternative point-of-view, with evidence and examples.
· Offering additional insight into how the concept might be understood, with evidence provided with real world examples.
You are expected to be active in the classroom throughout the week and actively engaged in the back-and-forth discussion between your colleagues and the professor.
3. Writing Assignments: (20%) The writing assignments enable students to analyze court cases and/or current topics of military justice.
4. Midterm Examination: (20%) The midterm examination will be open sources, non-proctored essay questions.
5. Final Examination: (24%) The final examination will be open sources, non-proctored essay questions.