Course Code: ISSC412 Course ID: 4865 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course explores security strengths and weaknesses of applications on various mobile operating systems running on PDAs and mobile devices. It identifies, analyzes and explores vulnerabilities, attacks, exploits, and insecurities of mobile applications running on operating systems such as iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry OS. What constitutes designing secure code for apps on these operating systems will also be covered.(Prerequisite: ISSC343)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
- CO-1: Describe the relationship between mobile device hardware and software interoperability.
- CO-2: Explain how a mobile network connectivity to wireless network while in motion, to include how infrastructure nodes handle passing the mobile device from one node to the next.
- CO-3: Differentiate between Android, IOS, Windows, and Blackberry mobile operating systems.
- CO-4: Analyze mobile application vulnerabilities.
- CO-5: Propose solutions to ensure PDA/device security.
- CO-5: Evaluate organizational objectives for application security and propose secure solutions to specific problems.
- CO-6: Interpret the strengths and weaknesses of a given application(s) to meet organizational objectives.
- CO-7: Debate the current tends around mobile technology, threats, and application security.
- CO-8: Assess organizational needs and propose the steps needed to design a secure application.
|Week 1 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 1 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 2 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 4 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 5 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 6 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 7 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 8 Essay Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 2: Project Proposal and Acknowledgement||6.00 %|
|Week 4: Project Paper Outline||5.00 %|
|Week 7: Project Presentation||10.00 %|
|Final Project Paper||15.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library are used and will be available through the classroom.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.