Course Code: HRMT413 Course ID: 2972 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course will explore the historical evolution and current state of employment relations theory. Workplace democracy, the source of workplace conflict, alienation, the evolution of class, collective bargaining, and other issues are discussed from a variety of perspectives. Students will become familiar with terminology and practices such as employee-employer relationships in non-unionized and unionized settings; problems and theories of union organizing, collective bargaining, and contract administration
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
Throughout this course, students will be able to:
- Assess the impact of employment law/human relations in organizations.
- Assess the impact of labor law/labor relations in organizations.
- Examine core values of the organization.
- Explore communication strategies with employees.
- Incorporate conflict resolution strategies into departmental policies.
- Apply employee relation strategies to address diversity in a workplace.
- Explore strategies to help employees cope with change and personal problems in the workplace.
|Discussion Forums||40.00 %|
|Week 1 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 4 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 5 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 6 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 7 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 8 Forum||5.00 %|
|Week 3: 'Right to Work' Laws||10.00 %|
|Week 7: A Union Report||10.00 %|
|Midterm Exam||20.00 %|
|Final Exam||20.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.